Friday 6 May 2011

Wigan, Leeds and Liverpool Canal

We left early as the weather was not promising and I picked up a paper and some bread in Burscough. David did get a bit wet and so by the time we got to Wigan at 1pm we decided to stop.  This was a good opportunity for me to take a train into Manchester to get the mail we couldn't get just after Easter.  I only had to queue for it for 1/2 hour. 

Walking back from the station I noticed this chap looking at the canal.







And then, around the corner, this lady sitting watching over the boat.


Well, that is the last of the swing bridges, and only 4 big locks to go.










One Top Chick.  I stuck this sticker onto some blue card and then cut around it leaving a narrow border.  I then stuck this onto some yellow card and cut around that with deckle edged scissors, again leaving a narrow border.

The yellow ribbon was tied around the spine of the blue card blank and tied with a knot and a yellow sticker heart was added in the bottom right hand corner.

No comments: