Saturday 7 May 2011

Whitehead Hall Bridge, Bridgewater Canal

 We did the last of the locks before it started to drizzle and by 10 o'clock it looked as if the heavens were about to open, just as we passed a couple of pieces of metal sticking out from the towpath.  Ideal for mooring up.  So we did.  And they did.

Later in the afternoon I went for a wander to see if I could find any orchids (I had seen some earlier in the morning).  I noticed that we were near Astley Pit Museum, and we'd actually used this spot once before.  I couldn't find any orchids though.

We went to bed to the accompaniment of a thunder storm.  Still, I suppose we need the rain.


What do you do with those free gifts you get from card making magazines?

This is how I used this one.  The chipboard bear was matted onto pink, lilac and purple card.  The topper was fixed with foam pads.

I stuck a piece of lilac gingham ribbon across the bottom, using double sided tape and cutting the edges flush.  I then took a scrap of purply glimmer ribbon and folded it in half, cutting the edges at an angle and pierced it with a flower shaped brad before sticking it onto the ribbon with a glue dot.  The sentiment is a sparkly peel-off and was also stuck onto the gingham ribbon.

Another piece of scrap purple ribbon was folded in half, after trimming the edges at an angle and stuck behind the topper before adding it to the white card blank.
 

No comments: