Sunday 26 September 2010

Gas Street, Birmingham

One of a series of photos entitled "Sod the Boaters!" - or - "BW don't give a damn (in my words s***)!" - or - "What health and safety?"

One of the locks in Blackburn where you have to climb over (or under if you are little and fat) the whatsit to get to the paddle gear. Not easy either way. The white handle is for opening the gate - also not easy. This time I had help from a very, very helpful BW Temporary Summer Lock keeper. Very helpful, as I said, but didn't have a clue. It was his first day!!

The moorers had a barbecue last night. Lots of guests, food and drink but it was sooo cold!

A gentleman who had said something wrong to his lady asked me to make him a card to say sorry. Hope this helped.

I covered the left hand half of the card blank with some lilac paper, cutting the right hand edge with a Martha Stewart punch. Then I added some floral lilac paper on top, also edging the right hand side with the same punch. I stuck two silver photo corner peel-offs on to the two left hand corners.

Then I added two prima flowers with floral brads for centres and some diecut leaves to go behind them onto the right hand side of the card. I added a dot of glitter glue to the centres of the two brads.

Finally, I typed up the sentiment and the lady's name on the computer and printed it out before matting it onto silver, lilac and more silver miri card.

1 comment:

Dave Bourne said...

Dear Brenda

I hope you can help me.

It is my wife's 50th birthday on October 4th and I would like to order this card, http://www.misi.co.uk/gifts/53239/Girlie_Dress,Handbag_and_Shoe_Card.html

I realise this is very short notice so I am willing to pick it up from your Gas St moorings this weekend and pay cash, (I work for Virgin Trains so can get up there quite easily). This has been a big year for Wendy, she has been the main driving force on getting our narrowboat's bottom blacked, (coincidentally named Brenda), conducted my Dad's funeral service and organised our daughter Frances' wedding. The birthday card this year has to be special and the high street cards are not measuring up.

If you are unable to fulfil this request could you please recommend anyone else or need more details please 'phone me on 07708833100.

Yours in Hope

Dave Bourne