David suggested a lie-in and late start after yesterday's locking.
So at 7am we were off!
Curdworth locks - 11 locks stretching over 2 miles. The top lock is a new lock which had to be built when the M6 Toll road was built.
The first four are always beautifully kept. Fresh new paint, the numbers of the locks picked out in red paint and the limit of the paddle gear also painted red.
There are planks on the top locks so that you don't have to clamber up onto the lock beam and the bottom locks have also got a walkway to assist getting to the other side of the lock.
The stupid strapping posts have also been given a coat of paint!
Then at Lock 5 it is back to normal. Crappy locks.
We stopped below the bottom lock as David was not feeling very well. He immediately retired to bed with a hot water bottle.
Dad, with three little helpers. I matted the card onto silver, yellow and orange card. The orange card was scalloped using scissors. Orange ribbon was wrapped vertically around a white card base and then a white grossgrain ribbon with an orange stripe was wrapped around that and tied with a knot.
Finally I added three square silver gems on the bottom left hand corner.
And with this one was made using a blue card base. I Cuttledbugged some silver card and added it to the card and then added some red Cuttlebugged card on top. Lastly, I added the silver and blue matted photograph.