Friday 5 March 2010

Wiggins Hill Bridge, Birmingham and Fazeley








We set off at 0700 and found the first 6 locks on the Farmer's Locks flight not only for us, but all the top gates were open too. (That wouldn't have anything to do with the dark boat that went past just as I was going to bed last night would it?). Anyway, we took this as a good omen for the rest of the year.

How come I never noticed this lock-keeper's hut at the bottom of the locks?

There was a lot of ice about, but the sun was lovely and warm and it is so nice to be out in the countryside (though only just).

After the 27 locks I was so knackered that I slept for two hours and I ache all over. Hey Ho! Only 11 locks tomorrow...










These two cards were some of the some time ago for a stall at a boat festival. Instead of a "New Home" card they are for people with a "New Boat" Well, makes a change.












I used photographs and scanned copies of boat licences,electricity cards and maps as a collage. The pins, tied with string are meant to represent a mooring stake and ropes.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

I love old buildings!

Happy blogoversary :)