Sunday 17 May 2009

Reedley, Leeds and Liverpool Canal






Waiting for the Greenberfield locks to open. Lovely views, all the fields were full of cows or sheep; and the sun is shining.










There are five (5) notices on this lock beam. Slight overkill maybe?




More sunshine and showers. We did the first three locks to the summit with Heather and after getting diesel at Lower Park Marina just managed to catch Foulridge Tunnel at five past noon. We managed a bacon butty from the kiosk at the top of Barrowford Locks and descended with another boat (sorry don't remember the name) - getting thoroughly drenched on the way. A quick shop in Morrisons at Nelson and on to Reedly for the night.


A thank you card. I know I am getting forgetful in my old age, but I can't remember who I was thanking so very, very much. The photograph is of Roach and partner in Gas Street Basin. It is matted in silver, red and green, as is the sentiment (which I did on the computer). I tied a stripy red and green ribbon around the card and another piece around the sentiment, both tied in a knot.

No comments: