Sunday 8 March 2009

Bridge 80, Shropshire Union Canal


We started off this morning at 0700 in glorious sunshine. We were moored just as the heavens opened and the wind was blowing just 3 hours later!

All the Audlum locks were against us (including No 9 - no eggs, flowers or fruit in the box today).










Then at Lock 10 my fantasy home. I always imagine how I am going to convert these old stables into a comfy home. Electricity from the wash behind the canal (haven't worked out running water or sewerage yet). And I could sell my cards and ice cream from one of those shuttered windows to passing boaters.

I nipped into Audlum for a newspaper and found a new Co-op shop. Very handy. . We always used to have breakfast at the Old Priest House but we have not stopped here for a couple of years now as the village seemed to be going downhill shopwise. It was looking interesting today though and I didn't have time to explore it as David was doing the lock outside the Shroppie Fly by himself!

As we hit the bottom lock (figuratively speaking) the sun disappeared and the wind came up. We just managed to get ourselves moored up before the storm began. What a change in the weather!




Here is the other card that I made with a tennis team. The same, but different.

No comments: