Thursday 3 April 2008

Below Hanwell Lock Flight

OK! Remind me not to fall in...


Yesterday was a busy day, we took on water and had a pumpout. We travelled all of four miles and did five locks and ended up below Widewater Lock opposite the boatyard. There were lots of signs of spring, cootes on nests, a bumble bee and a swan on a nest. But not many boats on the move.


Today we almost made it to Brentford, stopping just 2 locks early. Lots more signs of spring: bluebells!?!, cowslips, a ladybird and David saw two adorable little black powder puffs with red beaks - the moorhens have started to hatch.

We should be on the Thames tomorrow if all goes well. The lockeeper said that we didn't have to book and could just turn up at 1245. This is new; normally they need at least 24 hr notice.


With luck we should be at Hampton Court tomorrow night. One of my favourite spots and as I've just been reading a book about the 6 wives of Henry VIII it will be even more interesting.





I've been stamping again. I stamped onto thick watercolour paper left over from a painting course I once went on. Then embossed the impression in clear embossing powder and coloured in the figure with watercolour pens and a silver gel pen It was then mounted onto yellow and black card. The backing paper was torn in a diagonal and stuck to the base card. I made two stars from yellow card and swiped a silver ink pad around the edges. The sentiment was done on the computer in a font with stars at the ends of the letters and mounted onto yellow and black.

I have been experimenting with swiping card with ink pads. Most of the examples I have seen look stunning, but I do not seem to be able to get the same effect. Must be doing something wrong.

No comments: