Sunday, 23 March 2008

Near Yardley Gobion

I have been having trouble with posting my blog for the last few days. Today I was swearing and cursing as it wouldn't work again and David suggested I hit the F5 button. Clever Dick - of course it's worked!!!

We have not travelled very far in the last few days. We have had heavy, cold winds and snow and so have just done a couple of miles each day.

We got through the Buckby locks in the first tranche at 9am (don't know how as we were not the first in the queue. The picture shows what a new lock gate looks like. Notice how much it is leaking though.

We then went on through Blisworth Tunnel and through Stoke Bruern where they were holding an Historic Boat Gathering - good job we didn't want to stay there. We moored up after the first two locks and had lunch in The Boat.

Then it was just on a bit before stopping, and again for the next two days. Today David set off at 6am trying to get through Milton Keynes to see the football on Sky in a pub but after 15 mins the snow began so we stopped again. He is listening to it now on the radio. The score is going well, so he's a happy bunny.

Caroline was 29 on Saturday (where does the time go). She is in Miami but we have not heard from her. She and Curtis arrive home on the 26th - we have not seen them for 3 years now.

I have been going through all my stock of cards as Bev and Geoff on Slowhand are going to sell some in their new shop in Newbury. I have been titivating a few which looked a bit stark, I will post some soon so you can judge

This card was made from Tom's son Richard (my father was also called Tom and his son is Richard!). The background is a favourite of mine and I've used it quite a lot, it shows a grandstand and race track. I printed it out on the computer and matted it onto silver card. The name and age was also printed out and matted. The "Dinky" racing card was then fixed with sticky pads. The insert was made as a "watermark". I then made a box to put the card in.

No comments: