Friday 29 July 2016

Ugly Bridge (Br 55), Grand Union Canal

 We were up and off by 0545, but stopped just before the top of the locks as it started raining.  At 0900 we set off again and began the locks on our own as the two boats behind wanted water first.

I had had enough by the time we got to the petrol station so we moored up.  Why the call the bridge "Ugly Bridge" I don't know, it was looking rather attractive to me when I finally saw it this morning.

There was a lot of water about and because there were 2 boats coming behind us and they had lots of crew they were letting the water down before the previous lock full could dissipate, suddenly there was water all over the towpath.  The locks are leaking like mad, so we will probably be on the bottom by morning.



My brother is a nut for the Atlantik Wall, the WWII German fortifications all along the Atlantic coast.  He has a blog and a Facebook page.  So this is the only card I could make for him.

I took the image from his blog and made several copies and then decoupaged the picture.

The picture was matted onto gold card and then onto a white card blank.  The sentiment was made on the computer

This is what the card looks from the side so you can see how it stands out.

No comments: