Thursday 29 March 2012

Cowley, Grand Union




Walking past the underground station in Uxbridge this morning, and who did I see?  I know the photo is a bit hazy, but I had to be quick.  It was Ken Livingstone, doing a bit of electioneering.




How is this for a floating dry dock?




Another short day.  We are hoping to buy a VHF radio for the Pageant trip and are looking for a chandlers around here.  So far, we have not found a boatyard even with a chandlers.  Maybe tomorrow.


Here is the card I have just made to order.  The card is an easel one to help hold up the weight of the dress.
I used a duck egg blue A5 card blank and scored the middle of the font page to fold it in half.  I the used another half of an A5 card blank to make the front, matting some pink paper onto silver mirri card.  The vertical panel was then added on top (using the other piece of the 2nd card).  I used a punch to decorate the sides of more patterned paper and edged all the edges with pink ink.  I added it to the card which I then matted onto more silver mirri card.  I punched a hole in the centre of the top for a pearl brad to hold the coat hanger and some more pink pearls in the corners.



On the bottom (inside bit) I matted more patterned paper onto silver mirri card and stuck it onto the card blank.  Die cut some silver, patterned and white paper for the sentiment and used a rub-on sentiment and three pink pearls to decorate. 

The bag was a Christmas tree decoration (as was the dress), fixed with glue dots to hold the card up when opened and a duck-egg blue organdie ribbon bow with a charm added in the other corner.

I then made a box, using the patterned paper, silver card, ribbon and another charm.

No comments: