Friday 6 January 2012

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham


 We finally got around to joining the Birmingham Canal Navigations Society (only 10 years late) and went off to Smethwick for a working party before their Bonfire Meet.  A couple of days before the meeting two young people fell into the top lock and drowned.  These are some of the tributes.

We spent the day clearing weeds from the towpath and the next two days stiff as boards!


This card was for Spanish Dave, our neighbour on the moorings, for his wife on their anniversary.

It was cased it from a blog, though changed it a bit as I didn't have the right sized stamp for the sentiment.

I die cut a heart from red card and covered it in several layers glitter glue, finishing off with some lacquer to make it stick.  Then I matted it onto white and red card and then onto black card leaving one edge longer than the other three.

Some red ribbon was wrapped around the front of the card (I cut a slit in the spine just large enough to thread the ribbon through and then stuck the ends onto the back.  I then tied a knot with a piece of red ribbon and some black spotty ribbon.

Originally I stamped the sentiment directly onto the card, but as usual, I messed it up!  So I stamped it again and then matted it up onto red and black card.

I made an insert which was stuck over the back of the front of the card, hiding the ribbon ends.

On the original card a small "Anniversary" was stamped in white on the black edge of the card, so I added the red heart gem as I felt it just needed something.

No comments: