Wednesday 4 May 2011

Salthouse Dock, Liverpool




Salthouse Dock - Dawn










 Some of the historical boats left early this morning and while we were photographing them going through Albert Dock I noticed this "Liverpool" shop.  I didn't think I would ever see blue and red shirts side by side like this.


The boat is surrounded with jellyfish!!!

I had forgotten, but they were around last time we were here.

The water is so clear that you can see the bottom of the dock.  I have not seen any fish though, but there are two girls who come around every day catching some for the museum, so they must be in there somewhere.


This is a card that could be used for a 50th birthday, or anniversary.

I printed a '50' onto white card and cut it out, rounding the edges and punching two holes in the two horizontal sides. The '50' was then coloured in with a lilac metallic pen.  I threaded some lilac organza ribbon through the holes and added two flowers to cover the holes.  Then I wrapped some lilac organza ribbon around some silver card, fixing it on the back with double-sided tape and then added the ribbon with the plaque in the same way.

This panel was then matted onto a larger piece of lilac card and again onto white card, which had the edges scalloped.  The whole panel was then stuck onto a lightly lilac card blank.

No comments: