Monday 2 May 2011

Salthouse Dock, Liverpool

 The washing machine has hardly stopped for the last two days.  Three weeks of washing done.  Now for the ironing.

We had to turn the boat around to get water, so we took a trip around the dock to photograph all the historical boats which were lined up on the other side of the dock.

David went off and visited two of the tall ships - both Dutch, and I hit the shops again.

I used some back paper for this card.  I cut a strip and stuck it to the top of a white, tent fold, card blank.  I added a decorated peel-off strip along the join.

I made a slit in the spine of the card just big enough to thread the ribbon through and tied it in a knot on the front.

A cake from a spare piece of the backing paper was cut into a rectangle and matted onto some purple card, the edges scalloped with scissors was stuck over the ribbon, beneath the bow and a sentiment was fixed to the bottom right hand corner.

No comments: