Tuesday 22 March 2011

Haigh Hall, Leeds and Liverpool Canal

The blackthorn is flowering!!!

A lovely, warm, sunny day just right for locking. And did we lock! 23 big, heavy, stiff, difficult locks. It took the two of us (with help from BW setting 3 locks) 6 hours and I was almost on my knees by the top.

The top lock still has a broken paddle (at least 5 years now) and two of the others were so stiff that David had to do them.

Still, we are in a lovely spot with a golf course on the off side and the view over 1/2 of Lancashire on the towpath side.



It is our baby's 32nd birthday today. I know, I know, I am not old enough to have a daughter that age, but there you go.

She was about 9 months old when this picture was taken while we were living in Poland.

I matted the photo onto gold card and yellow handmade paper with the edges torn. I fixed it to a white card blank and then added the jelly, sparkly flower to her hair and part of a hair ornament with another flower on the left hand side.

No comments: