Tuesday 22 March 2011

Dover Bridge, Leight Branch, Leeds and Liverpool Canal

An early start (David set off and I stayed in bed again!).

We stopped off in Leigh for a bit of shopping (Aldi by the pub moorings) and then it was on through Plank Lane swing bridge which is being redeveloped. There is going to be a 40 boat marina and probably hundreds of house by the look of the mud around.

We moored up by the Dover Lock pub (no lock, just a pub) and I caught a bus into Wigan for an explore.

Quite little cutie this one. Made for a kit which I got "free" with a card magazine.

I started with a square white card using some matted decorated paper as a background and a strip of white card with a decorated edge and some green rickrack along it. I made the flower by stitching through more rickrack and pulling it tight.

The round topper was matted onto yellow card and stuck down with sticky fixers and the sentiment was added below.

No comments: