Sunday 19 September 2010

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham

Most weekends we get a visit from a premiership football team who stay in the Hyatt Hotel and take a stroll along the Worcester Bar before going off to play against Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Bromwich Albion or even Wolverhampton Wanderers. Last Saturday it was the turn of Liverpool

David rushed out to get some autographs for a nephew's daughter and Bruno took some photos with his telephone. No idea who this player is is though.

This weekend, because we had family visiting from Bolton, the Bolton Wanderers team didn't stay in the Hyatt so we didn't see them!

The teams all look so comical, they are all in some form of uniform and walk in a crocodile, 2 x 2 with their manager, minders and trainers etc - just like a school outing.



The previous week it was the turn of Everton and David was tasked with getting their manager, David Moyes' autograph for a niece.

I made the autograph up into a card and this is it.

I decoupaged the badge three times and matted it onto yellow and holographic card.

I also made the backing paper on the computer and stuck it to the bottom half of a white card base, adding a silver strip of peel-off along the join.














On the inside I decoupaged a photograph of David Moyes and matted that in the same way as the front, also sticking the backing paper along the bottom of the card.










Finally I cut out a frame in blue card using my Black Cat Cougar (fabulous machine, must really get down and use it much more). I Cuttlebugged the cardboard to give it a bit more strength and stuck some acetate behind it, adding the autograph behind the acetate before sticking it to the card.

To finish off I cut out a smaller badge to stick at the top of the frame and a street sign for the bottom. All the images I got from the Everton web site.

Needless to say, Rachael was wrapped, and I was pretty pleased with myself too.

No comments: