Thursday 11 March 2010

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham

I too this photo yesterday as we approached the Salford Junction under the M6 motorway. It never looks other than grey, but on a grey day it is almost daunting.

We had intended to go up the Tame Valley Canal and home via the Walsall Canal and the BCN, but with the trouble with the engine we thought getting back home was a better idea. The the engine behaved itself perfectly all day.

Life back on the moorings goes on. Well, sadly, it doesn't really. Sam Waller one of the oldies of Gas Street died last night. He was not the most friendly of moorers and a grunt or a nod was all I ever got from him if we passed, and that was only if I spoke to him first. His boat Swallow has been moored here unloved for all the time we have been here. At one time it was in danger of sinking and lurched at a 45o angle. But he was involved with the trip boats and will be sadly missed.

Feeling very despondent with the cardmaking at the moment. I did not sell a single Valentine Card this year and no one ordered a Mothers' Day card. Until yesterday afternoon, when an old customer needed one for his mother (who incidentally makes cards too - no pressure there then).

This is what I came up with. A square white card blank with a square of torn, green handmade paper (with leaves dried into it). Then a torn piece of thick white handmade paper with a poesy of dried flowers arranged on it. Then I partially covered a lilac label tag with more green paper, tied it with a green organdie bow and added the mother's name in peel-offs onto silver card which I trimmed and added, finally adding more dried flowers before sticking it to the card with sticky-fixers.


On the inside I added another piece of torn green, handmade paper, then I printed the sentiment onto white card and trimmed it with scalloped scissors and stuck it to the centre of the card. Dried flowers were added for the final touch.

The font is called Love and I think it is very pretty. It has little hearts on all the capital letters. I think I may use this more often.

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I think the Love font is pretty too :)

Happy blogoversary :)

Anne said...

Hi

I've seen this card 'in the flesh' as Sandra is agood friend of mine. I think it's lovely and you can rest assured that Sandra though so too.

Anne

PS I am also a cardmaker. :)

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt enjoy your own posting style, very helpful,
don't give up and also keep creating as it simply just well worth to read it,
impatient to look over far more of your own content articles, regards!