Monday 28 December 2009

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham

I know, I know! But I've just got out of the habit of blogging. AND. What with thebig freeze and nothing much happening, there hasn't been much to blog about anyway.

On the bus going to Harborne the other day I noticed these posters. On looking more closely I saw Mr David is in one of the pictures






See a close-up here

We have been more-or-less frozen in over a week now. One or two boats have been moving and breaking up the ice on the main line,and we managed to break out for a pumpout before Sherborne wharf closed for Christmas and the New Year. But we have been firmly stuck in the basin most of the time. So we have tended to hibernate on the boat and making short forays for coal and sustenance.

David and I celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary on the 20th December (longest night of the year!!!) and had another wonderful dinner in Edmunds with Caroline and Curtis.

Christmas Day was spent on the boat, with another visit from Caroline and Curtis (twice in 4 days - must be a record!) They came for "starters" as they always have to have their Christmas dinner with Curtis' parents. So it was 18 huge oysters between them and duck pate for me. Then on Boxing Day I braved the sales in the afternoon, though not for long. Today I was hoping to go the Solihull, but it's too cold - so another day on the boat.

Pete (from Aquamora) needed a card for his daughter's 50th birthday. This is what I came up with. I Cuttlebugged a piece of pearlescent pink card and stuck it onto silver card and then onto a black A5 card. The dress, bag and boxes were a set of toppers which I arranged on the card and her name I made from black peel-offs onto white card and matted onto silver card. I added two grey roses and bows to the name and three pink pearls in the bottom right hand corner.




Inside I made a white panel which I scalloped the edges with scissors, matted it onto pink pearlescent and then silver card. I then made a pink banner and added the black peel-offs and fixed it down with two pink brads before sticking it all down onto the inside of the card.

Pete went off to her birthday party. Unfortunately, he is getting a bit forgetful. He was 1 week late!

1 comment:

Andy Tidy said...

David and Brenda
I notices Mr David's photo all along Broad St a couple of weeks ago - along with Tony's Trent.
Fame of sorts.
I love the New Year firework shots.
Andy