Saturday 19 December 2009

Gas Street Basin, Birmingham

And another day when I have hardly got off the boat.

We were iced in this morning, though the sun was shining.

Just before lunch Ariel went through the lock and broke up the ice so we took the opportunity to take Mr David for a pumpout and we took the opportunity to pick up the latest Canals and Rivers to see David's articles (2 this month plus the picture on the front page!)

Just before we had our party on Anson on Thursday night we had a firework display. Don't know what it was for, but seem to be coming from Brindleyplace.




Two cards that I made for Alan (Capt Nemo). The two photographs were taken by Garry Corbett and I found them on Flikr. He very kindly sent me the photos so that I could make the cards.

This one was from Alan to Pete, one of the moorers here

I cut the picture with a Nestabilities die plus a mat in silver and added some holly to the top right hand corner. The sentiment is a peel-off and the words stand up away from the card. The "Pops" is peel-offs and the little robin was stamped and coloured in.





This one was from us to Alan. I stamped the background and sentiment and cut out the photograph and mat with Nestabilities. To finish off, I added a little felt Santa hat to brighten it up a bit.

No comments: