Wednesday 16 September 2009

Platts Lane, Llangollen Canal


I do so love it when a bridge is provided for people to cross a canal - but of no use whatsoever to anyone travelling by boat. If you're not brave enough to jump the gate at the lock, you have to walk all the way around. A little gate would have been useful. Thanks for the thought.
We got to Grindley brook before 9am. There was one boat in the top of the bottom three and no-one in the staircase, so I set the locks for us.
By the time we got to the middle lock so much water had leaked out we could not get over the cill. So I put some water down. Unfortunately (with help from someone from another boat) we managed to overfill the middle lock. David did try to tell me, but I wouldn't listen. And of course, that is when the lock keeper turned up. So I had to confess.
And still no Internet. And now to telephone signal either. We really are out in the wilds.

A white card, some music backing paper, a silk flower, a white feather, a skeleton leaf and a paper butterfly. Oh, and a "window" frame. All arranged tastefully.

No comments: