Monday 25 May 2009

Market Drayton



We had the Audlum locks all to ourselves (starting at 5am) and they were all for us! There were lots of boats moored up again - apparently there was a festival on in the town.


We were too early for a newspaper from the new Co-op, so we went on and up. At the lock where there are usually some flowers and fruit or veg for sale, there was just this sign!



I thought I heard a cuckoo this morning. Then I heard a pigeon and now I'm not so sure.




We went on up through the Adderley Locks and stopped in Market Drayton for water and a pump out, then moored up at the visitor moorings for the rest of the day.









Something for someone going off to a new school (teacher or pupil). Our daughter needed lots of these. She went to 1 American school, 1 English school and 1 Scottish school before finally going off to boarding school in Somerset at the tender age of 7 1/2! I know it seems cruel, but I couldn't bear leaving her at the school gates all on her own yet again and she then stayed at her boarding school until she was 18.
I cut some gingham paper with wavy scissors and then matted it onto silver paper and cut in the same way. Then I added the ready-made toppers. I printed the sentiment off on the computer and matted that up with the gingham paper and silver card. This time doing the stamp edged scissors. The insert read "Good Luck!)









No comments: