Sunday 15 March 2009

Preston Brook, Bridgewater Canal


David made a very early start while I stayed in bed. Love canals with no locks. He likes to get up and go very early and I would rather not.

We had a very uneventful trip back down the Bridgewater, stopping off at Moore again for a newspaper and got to the boatyard just on 0900.

They very kindly let us moor up outside and let us have a land line so that we now have electricity again.

After lunch we had a visit from Rachel and George, David's niece and her husband who actually live very close to Moore and had walked down the towpath to see us.

I forgot to mention that on Friday I was sitting trying to upload the blog when I noticed white smoke coming from the radio next to me. Considering that it was not switched on we couldn't work out what happened and were thankful that it hadn't been the day we were off the boat in Chester. Might have lost the boat. And, does this have anything to do with the Alternator packing up?







More irises (I love irises). I stamped, embossed and water coloured this one then matted it a couple of times.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

It's too cold here for such beautiful flowers.

Happy blogoversary!