Monday 14 April 2008

Newbury

The picture I promised of "The Boat in the Way".

We had a good trip to Newbury, sharing most of the locks with a hire boat which had two boys for crew - both were very keen, so I didn't have much work to do.

We caught up with the 6 girls at Bull's Swing Bridge, they had blown a gasket in the engine and hadn't made Newbury.

We arrived at the Greenham Island services and found Bev and Geoff in all their splendour. We filled up with diesel, bought coal, had a pump-out and filled up with water then moored opposite.

We spent the night there and did some shopping today. I went to the hairdressers and then at 4.30 this evening (as the sun was shining) we moved the boat up through the lock. One less to do tomorrow.



Bev and Geoff are going to sell some of my cards - I meant to take a photo of their shop with all my cards on a stand in the doorway, but I forgot.

Yesterday I was asked on two separate occasions about selling my cards. Both made their own, so my hopes were dashed.

Today someone actually knocked on the boat and bought one!

This card started out on a white card blank. I stamped the lion and matted it onto black and gold card and then onto some camouflage paper. (that was the original card but I though it was a bit sparse). I cut it off the card and re-mounted it onto an apricot coloured card blank, added a ribbon and the happy birthday peel-off. I then used peel-offs stuck onto some more camouflage paper and matted it onto black and silver card.

The wording under the lion says "Thought I'd drop you a lion"

No comments: