Friday 22 June 2007

Skipton

After a night in Gargrave we moved here to Skipton and have been here for a few days. Ed and Julia have been away visiting friends near Keswick and we have been keeping an eye on their boat and tomorrow David and I go to Harrogate for a family wedding and they will look after our boat.

Skipton has been lovely - as always - There is a market on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and there are two craft shops. I managed to spend £95 at The Stamp Man which was fun explaining away to David!!!

We had a visit from Janet yesterday, our friend who designed Mr David. Lunch was in Pan Loafy's opposite the mooring and was a very tasty soup. We then had dinner at the Canalside which was good too, though we had just missed the lobster festival.

This is the first photograph I have managed of an insect on a flower that I have ever go to be remotely in focus.





This card is just a bog standard pretty one. A skeleton leaf, three lilac paper roses and a pink organza bow mounted on lilac opalescent card and silver Dufex then stuck onto a pink card. Still rather pretty though.

Because I bought some stamps yesterday I spent the afternoon stamping - something I have not done for ages and ages. Today I even made three or four cards which I will post soon.

No comments: