Saturday 28 April 2018

Rode Heath, Trent & Mersey Canal


The ferns growing on the lock wall were all spread out and looked like stars, very pretty.
We were up and off by 6.30 and then waited 1/2 hr for the tunnel to open at 0800, we were in it by 5 mins past and out again by 40 mins past.  Coming down Heartbreak Hill we met a nasty single hander who complained when I tried to help him and then started shouting and swearing at me, then he had a go at David when he came to my defence.  We just let him get on with it in the end and left him to it. Meanwhile there was a queue of boats waiting to come down.

Today we did 6 miles and 12 locks in 3 3/4 hrs - no wonder they call it Heartbreak Hill.  

Saw a kingfisher today, a very rare sight 


One of my waterways themed cards.  On this one I matted the photograph onto holographic silver card and light blue card.  I created a banner to go behind with patterned paper and plain blue card and added a 3D butterfly to finish it off.

No comments: