Saturday 8 October 2016

Llangollen - Llangollen Canal

 The usual 7 o'clock start, the current getting really strong now, especially at bridges and the two tunnels at Chirk and Whitehouses, we bumped and scraped all the way up.  We met three day hire boats just before the long aqueduct and they kindly let us go in front (as they hadn't got much of a clue) and we were up in the basin at Llangollen for 12 noon.

As usual, a really spectacular trip, the leaves on the trees are turning yellow and gold and the weather has been lovely.  Chirk and Pontcysyllte aqueducts were stunning - I walked them both - though I must admit mostly looking straight ahead and not down the sides.

So we are in the basin, the electricity has been turned on and I am on my 3rd load of washing....


I made a white panel of card and embossed it using the Cuttlebug.  I stuck it onto a white card blank and added a 3d butterfly.

The sentiment was computer generated and matted onto red card.

No comments: