Wednesday 1 April 2015

Heritage Marina - Macclesfield Canal


 The weather has been awful.  Lots of strong, gusty winds and showers so we scuttle into the marina a Heritage, near Scholars Green.  It is part of Earl Weightman's empire so it was almost like home from home.  We made use of the electric hook-up and I got lots of washing done.

I also set off along the towpath to go to Little Moreton Hall.  I have been trying to visit it for the last 16 years, never quite making it.

I didn't again today.  The towpath was bad, lots of muddy puddles, but the track from the canal went down into a dip which was full of water and the tractors had churned up the mud and it came over my boots!

There were wood anemonies in the wood - my Gannie's favourite flower.


One for the boys.  I bought some pads of pre-coloured stamped images from Lily of the Valley and this is one.  I mounted it onto silver and blue card and made another panel with blue polka dot card matted onto silver.  Both panels were added to a white card blank and 6 blue gems were added for decoration (don't really think boys need bows!)

No comments: