Wednesday 30 April 2014

Salthouse Docks, Liverpool

 I have not been able to get into my blog to publish new posts until today (13 May!).  So bear with me while I try and catch up.


 We moved off to the swing bridge were we were to meet the CRT men who are going to help us through the next 2 swing bridges and down the 4 locks into Stanley Dock, and then through the 2 locks into Canning Dock.

Eventually there were 6 boats waiting to go through, and to our surprise, Gill from Hotelboat Periwinkle came running up the towpath!  They were coming down too.

The convoy set off at 0915 and we reached the Stanley locks at noon.  We were soon through the locks and travelling through docks and "Sid's Ditch" and arrived in Salthouse around 2pm, and in no time at all we were all moored up and hooked into the electricity.

Sailing past the Liver Building.

This is the 4th time we've done this trip, and it has been thrilling every time.


Fathers' Day is coming up soon, so here is one for the men.

I cut out the silhouette of JB and stuck him onto a white card panel with sticky foam.  I matted this card onto a black panel and then onto the white card blank.  The circles I just stuck down with double sided tape. 

No comments: