Friday 11 April 2014

Marbury County Park, Trent and Mersey Canal

 We got to the junction at Middlewich by 0745.  Maureen's lock cottage is looking very sad.  Windows broken and boarded up.  And, of course, we had to do the lock ourselves.  No Maureen to help us any more.

After the locks David took on water while I walked into Tesco, my the traffic is frightening in Middlewich.  There is nowhere safe to cross the road.



Then it was on to Marbury. Saw the first ducklings on the Wardle Canal and three swans sitting on their nests and bluebells everywhere.







This is a card I made for Maureen in 2009.  We took the photo of her helping us with the locks on the way out and I delivered the card on the way back.




And now for a mouse.  I took a piece of patterned paper and matted it onto pale pink card.  Then I wrapped some spotty pink ribbon around the top and tied it in a knot.  The panel was then stuck onto a pink card blank and the topper added.  The sentiment was also matted onto pink card and a row of pink pearls were stuck underneath.

No comments: