Thursday 28 October 2010

Gas Street, Birmingham

There has been a lot of fuss around here recently, a Bollywood film is being filmed down by the Mailbox and the NIA. The towpath has been closed and people are jumping off the bridge into the canal and jumping over garden walls. What the ski jets are used for I dread to think. They didn't like any photographs being taken, but David managed to sneak this one.

I made this card for Baldish who is the Office Manager at our Doctor's surgery. The last time we visited she was looking very harassed so I thought a worry doll might help her.

I bought the doll when I was in Melbourne, Australia, though she comes from South America. She is supposed to take away all your worries.

To make the card I took a white, square card. I Cuttlebugged some white card and stuck it to the centre of the card. Then I put two strips of double sided tape along the vertical edges and sprinkled over glitter to make the strip.

I used my oval Nestabilities to make a white oval, which I embossed), a pink oval and a green scalloped oval which I matted up. I used the string which was attached to the doll to stick on the back of the ovals and stuck it down onto the card. The doll can then be removed and hung up.

Hope it helps.

No comments: