Thursday 15 July 2010

Hungerford, Kennet and Avon Canal

I meant to publish this photo days ago, but what with the stoppage etc. The heron had a rat/water vole in it's beak!
We came on from Bedwyn without too much hastle. David's bad hip meant he couldn't climb onto the top of the boat to help with the locks, so I had to manage as best I could.
There was a BW man at Hungerford Marsh lock and he set it for us and swung the bridge (the beam to push it closed from open is at my neck height, so is difficult for me. He then let us go on and closed the gates and swung the bridge back.
At Hungerford Church swing bridge there was a boat coming through, so I didn't have to do that one and then at Hungerford lock there was a boat coming out, and then another one waiting to come in at the bottom, so I didn't have to do that one either! We bought a lottery ticket.
We managed to make appointments for both of us to see a Chiropractor in the afternoon and were sort of seen too, better but not right yet and decided to spend another night here so that David could go back again today. It was a good plan as it has rained most of the day.
This stamp came free with a stamping magazine and I have used it often. I embossed it with black ink and then coloured it in with watercolours. I matted it onto brown card and then onto green hand-made paper and torn yellow card.
Some yellow ribbon was tied round the card and knotted and the panel was stuck over it. Three large green gems were added to the bottom right hand corner.

No comments: