Friday 11 June 2010

Hungerford, Kennet & Avon Canal

The brickwork in one of the locks hereabouts. And Mr Evans says the canals have never been in better condition.

Decided to have another rest day as I'm going to bed at 7.30 at the moment!

I took a bus from Hungerford into Marlborough, through some beautiful countryside and villages and Savernake Forest. But I'm local, so I'm biased.



So a card with a picture of the bridge after 1st lock outside Hungerford (going towards Newbury). Haven't got the Nicholson's by the computer to check the name.)

I matted the picture onto silver and blue card. A blue ribbon is tied horizontally on the left hand side and tied in a knot and two blue "dew drops" fixed to the bottom right hand corner. They do not look that wonky in real life!

1 comment:

Gillie said...

Looks like Hamstead Lock to me which is 4 from Newbury and 6 from Hungrford...
Lovely picture and very lovely card!

You passed us at our moorings at Ham Mills Lock Newbury a while ago and I saw your sign in the window ..so have been following your journey and looking at your wonderful cards and pictures...

Hope you get good reception in Pewsey..it is a bit of a trek into town though from the canal!

Gillie...Nb Vox Stellarum