Friday 7 August 2009

Gas Street Moorings


Walking back from the Doctor's surgery this afternoon I came across this flower trough in Brindleyplace. The picture doesn't make it clear, but it is a representation of a narrowboat and is part of the floral trail which winds from The Mailbox to the Jewelery Quarter.

I also noticed on my stroll today that all the boats have disappeared. There were lots of mooring spaces about. Where have all the boats gone?

Got the bill for the engine mountings and cooling pipes. We will have to take out a mortgage, or go out on the streets....


Pam is a very elegant lady and is just celebrating for 61st birthday - like me - though I would never say that I was elegant.
So I made her this card from a Kanaban diecut card set. The set came with 3 ladies and some backing paper, and, I think, one decorated card blank. I fixed the panel with sticky fixers onto a DL blank card after cutting off a bit on the right hand side. I added a border to the back of the card blank on the inside right hand and a red ribbon on the spine on the left. Finally, 6 red glittery gems were added on the right hand side of the panel. The picture does not show how the silvery bits are all glittery, but I'm sure you get the gist. Her name and age were added with silver peel-offs.

Finally, I made an insert and added one of the sentiments that came with the pack.

No comments: