Thursday 23 July 2009

Gas Street Basin

I seem to have got out of the habit of doing this blog daily. I am very sorry. Lethargy has been the main culprit. I will try and buck up.


After doing the 27 locks down past Milnworth and then having to come back up them all again 24 hours later did not do my hips any favours. We started off in drizzle but managed the majority of the locks (which were ALL AGAINST US!) in the dry and were back in Gas Street by 11am thus having to evict Calstock from our mooring (after we had told Bruno he could move there for a week or two while we were away).

After a quick lunch I retired to bed and was roused when our visitor from the BBC arrived about 3 o'clock. They want to use our boat for "an antiques expert" to talk about Matthew Bolton for an excerpt of "Precious Antiques" a spin-off of the Antiques Roadshow. Looks like I am going to have to finish off the last two curtains. It has only been 15 months....

David has been titivating Mr David, polishing, cleaning out the bilges etc, etc. I have been creaking around and finally got to see an osteopath last night (the first appointment was cancelled after I had hobbled into town, missing the phone call to cancel it). Anyway he did some manipulation and pushed hard and I screamed and I'm now a lot better. At least I can get out of the chair now without wincing.

If fact I was so much better that I took the train to Stratford on Avon, and would you believe it? We had a visitor, Andrew Tidy of Captain Ahab's Watery Tails (here). We had had some correspondence earlier this year when he had just done and we were hoping to do the Huddersfield Narrow and as he works near I invited him to visit some time.

Here are six cards that I have just made, all using my Cuttlebug to emboss the background card. I shall be putting then all in my ArtyMiss shop shortly.
















No comments: