Tuesday 15 July 2008

Gas Street


As sad day in the basin. Europe and Dragonfly were towed away by BW to be sold/broken up. Joe's time was finally up and it is the end of Second City Cruises.

It has been such a lovely day and the Last of the Summer Wine group were out in force, drinking and chatting on the pontoon (and watching a young couple on a bench by the lock. I hope her father doesn't know what she gets up to!

Andy Denny on Granny Buttons gave me a lovely "puff" on his blog on Sunday (even though I messed up the links on my blog and directed everyone to the wrong place). Since then I've had loads and loads of visitors. So welcome. Hope you like my blog and please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you all. ... and thanks again Andy.


A birthday card for Pete (on the right) from Alan (on the Left). The picture was taken a couple of years ago while they were decorating Dragonfly for the Boat Light Parade. To make the card, I first stamped the flowers and butterflies in grey ink and then on top with black ink so that it looks blurred (no I really wanted it to look blurred!) I made a faux ribbon with red card which I cut with scalloped scissors and blue card. I added dots and dashes to the card. I then matted the phot0 onto blue, silver and red card and made the sentiment on the computer and matted that on blue, silver and red card.

No comments: