Monday 28 March 2011

Salterforth, Leeds and Liverpool Canal




OK! OK I get the message. Messages on one of the Barrowford locks






We stopped off at Morrisons in Nelson for supplies and then on up the 7 Barrowford locks. When we got to the top lock drooling for a bacon buttie we found another sign. I don't like carping on about the stupidity of BW but really...

We missed our time slot for Foulridge Tunnel where we had to wait 1/2 hour and as we came out the other side we noticed Cafe Cargo had opened up in the old wharf building. So we stopped for lunch and discovered we had met the proprietors on the Llangollen about 5 years ago. Anyway, lovely meal, friendly staff and highly recommended if you're passing.

Then is was on to the visitor mooring by The Anchor pub with its stalactites and stalagmites in the cellar.



I love Eeyore, he reminds me of someone.

I decorated one edge of some red spotty paper and wrapped it around a white card base. Then I die-cut a circle and scalloped circle which I then Cuttlebugged before sticking them onto the card.

Eeyore was added to the circle along with a couple of butterflies and a sprig of flowers.

No comments: