Friday, 27 April 2018
We set off around 0530 and did the horrid Stoke Locks. As usual the top lock was the worst, very stiff and awkward. Why are the locks closest the the CRT maintainance yards always the worst.
By now it was raining hard so we moored up by Westport Lake around 0900.
This is a simple card made with some pretty gold foiled card. I wrapped a piece of gold ribbon through a die-cut buckle and fixed it to the back of the panel and stuck that onto a white card blank. The sentiment was made on the computer and the numbers were die-cut in glitter card.
Thursday, 26 April 2018
We left around 0454!! David couldn't sleep. So we were in Stone by 0645. I left David filling the water tank and walked to Morrisons for milk, bread and a paper etc. By the time I got back he was in Star lock and beginning to fill it.
One or two of the locks were a bit iffy. I decided not to try and walk across this one.
I always love going past this back garden.
We were moored up at Barlaston 0945 and then had a great lunch at The Plumes
All the locks on the T&M have a little bridge over the bottom lock which makes it easy to get around the locks, unfortunately when the gates are open they close off the bridge and you have to clamber over the lock beam.
They are pretty though, and this card was made using a picture of one. The picture was matted onto white and green card and fixed to a white card blank then several colourful butterflies were added as decoration.
Wednesday, 25 April 2018
We left Rugeley around 0545 arr moored up abovb Sandon Lk around 0945, but the TV did not seem to be working so we moved on to Bridge 84 arriving around 1215. The TV worked here for a while and then stopped again. David has ordered a new aerial which is being sent to his sister who we will meet up with later on the trip. Hopefully that will work.
Fortunately we have this new 3 4G Mifi gadget on board and the reception has been excellent. In fact, much better than on our moorings in the centre of Birmingham. So we have been able to download the TV programmes we have not been able to watch.
Congrats * Congrats. I printed the sentiment onto the card blank using a computer then added the die-cut stars using silver holographic card.
Tuesday, 24 April 2018
At least I had time for a good walk around the charity shops in town.
This card uses a bought topper which I matted onto more red card. A panel of dry embossed white card was also matted onto red card and some red velvet ribbon was wrapped around it and tied in a bow. This was then fixed to the front of a white card blank.
Monday, 23 April 2018
We left our moorings around 0830 and arrived at Streethay Wharf 0845, just as they were opening. We had arranged for someone to look at the horne and it was replaced by 0915 and we were on our way. Not bad for a boatyard, normally you have to wait that long just to sees omeone.
We were at Fradley Junction at 1015 and with the help of a couple of volunteer lock keepers were moored up above the top lock by 1115.
I have left this card blank (with no sentiments) as it could be used as an engagement congratulations card or an anniversary card, or even something else I have not thought of.
The figures are decopaged and the base card is red, to match the dress.
Sunday, 22 April 2018
After a fifteen minute stop at Fazeley Junction while I went to Tesco's to get a newspaper and stuff we set off along the Coventry canal heading for Fradley Junction.
Passing The Plough at Huddlesford Junction we saw a gap in the moorings and dived in. That was Sunday lunch sorted. A huge plate of fish and chips for me and a steak for David. I slept away the afternoon again.
The wild flowers were out in profusion, bluebells and wood anemones inWhittington Wood (we always call in Miles' Wood as a dear friend of ours used to be the Commanding Officer there). The back gardens we sailed past were also looking good with blossom, bulbs and spring flowers.
Here is an exploding box with a pair of baby bootees inside.
The outside was covered with pink gingham paper, matted onto pink card with a die-cut topper on each side and a rose and die-cut leaves on the lid.
The box opens out when you remove the lid to show off the bootees. Each of the four inside box sides was matted with either gingham or spotted paper, again matted onto pink card and 4 die-cut ovals or circles added with leaves and roses.
The bootees were stuck onto the card with glue dots, just to keep them in place, and can be peeled off for use.
Saturday, 21 April 2018
Another late start (for us) and a boat in front, so locks against us again but met a couple of boats coming up.
Another lovely, sunny morning though it is now raining, so Spring must be over.
Moored up on visitor moorings before Drayton Manor Swing Bridge and having a quiet afternoon and even managing not to have to go and have a snooze today.
I was asked to make a very special wedding day card for a friend. I decided on a "shadow box card" and as I had never made one before I had a trial run. This is the result.
First the front of the card using computer generated sentiment, die cuts and dry embossed card.
Then the box itself. I watched several U-Tube demonstrations first and it was really quite easy to construct.
I added more vellum at the base of the "box" and then added roses and die-cut leaves. I was really pleased with it, but realised on closing the card that the rose in the right hand bottom corner was too high and the card would not close properly.
It isn't too much of a problem as I made a box for it to fit into and decorated the lid like the front of the card.
I then went on to make the actual card, which I will publish at a later date as I don't want anyone to see it yet who should not.