Saturday 26 March 2011

Fosters Swing Bridge, Leeds and Liverpool Canal

That swallow yesterday certainly didn't bring the Spring. The wind was bitter. Thankfully, we only had a short day, albeit with three swing bridges.

The first one, in the dirty village of Church was easy except for the landing. The sewage works is being refurbished and there is a temporary bridge parked where the boat is meant to stop.

The second bridge had an awkward anti-vandal spring and it took me ages to get it to withdraw so that I could wind up the brake before swinging the bridge.

The best part was that the bridges seem to have been refurbished since last time and they all "swung" beautifully.

We were at our moorings here by 0815 so I took a walk towards Clayton-le-Moors to see if I could catch a bus somewhere. I only had to wait about 5 mins and a bus came for Burnley. When I got there, there was a bus waiting to go to Manchester, so I jumped on and spent the day in Manchester.


For this card I covered the front of a white card blank with patterned paper. I made two slits into the topper and threaded through a sentiment banner before sticking them both onto the card.

To finish off, I added four blue roses which matched the outfit on the topper.

No comments: