Friday 25 March 2011

Cut Bridge No 107 (Norden), Leeds and Liverpool Canal

We moved off early to get to Riley Green for 0900 where we were meeting David's sister and two of her grandchildren. They were coming for a cruise and helping us up the Blackburn 6.

The area through Blackburn, as usual, is filthy. Rubbish in and around the canal all the way. By the sanitary station by lock 3 there is this horrid sculpture and some wag had left his empty tinnies in a plastic bag on the handlebars.

We stopped by Asda to meet David's niece who was picking up the guests and then it was a quick shop in Asda and B&Q (12 magnetic clips £5 - 2 magnet clips £8. Work that one out! Of course we only want one).

As we set off I swear I saw a swift/swallow swooping under the bridge.



A pretty little Pooh card. I stuck the topper onto a white oval which had the edge inked in green and matted onto some scalloped floral paper.

I cut a strip of green card and one of the floral paper which I had edged with a Martha Steward punch, these I layered up and then wrapped some green ribbon around it, tying it with a knot before sticking it onto a white card blank. I then added the topper with sticky fixers to make it stand out.

To finish off I added a couple of butterflies and a spray of flowers.

No comments: