Wednesday 23 September 2009

Below Grindley Brook Locks, Llangollen Canal

One of the many lift bridges on the Llangollen Canal.

We got to Grindley Brook just as a boat entered the top lock. So that was good. It meant two of the locks, at least, would be for us. A staircase must be the only time you actually want to be following a boat!

We stopped for the day just after the bottom lock and I tried to get a bus into Whitchurch. There was one every 2 hours and I'd just missed one. So I had a coffee in the little shop/cafe/off-licence by the staircase locks, bought some pate and jams and then walked back to the boat.




See. I can do complicated cards.

The meercat is a digital stamp (sorry not sure where I got it from, except the Internet - will try and find it). I printed him out twice, one slightly larger than the other and coloured them with watercolour pencils.













The card is called a "Wiper" or "Windscreen Wiper" card and is basically two pieces of card which are just joined at the ends. Inside you stick a little tab which folds down inside the two pieces of card and when you "pull" the two ends, the tabs pop up.











I covered the main front top half with stripy paper and the bottom with a check paper, covering the join with a black peel-off strip. The outside panel has a Cuttlebugged silver card panel outlined with black peel-off strips and the second panel has some of the green patterned paper layered onto gold card and surrounded with more black peel-off strips.
I did the same at the other end. I printed out the sentiment and added that with a border of the black peel-offs and the second SIMPLES was done with peel-off letters.
The second pop up tab says "let's celebrate" which was another peel-off which I matted and added the black peel-off strips again.

No comments: