Tuesday 22 September 2009

Greaves Bridge No 52, Llangollen Canal

One of the signs in the window says:



"He is moving in!

so GREEN BOAT

& GREEN BUTTY

FOR SALE!!!"



Sweet.



We took a bus into Shrewsbury from Ellesmere to reminisce and do some shopping. David was stationed there for just under 18 months about 26 years ago and we lived half way between Oswestry and Shrewsbury at Nescliffe, just off the A5. It is only the second time we have been back in all that time and seem to remember very little of it. I don't remember any castle and, even though I must have passed it as I went into Rackhams (as it was), I completely missed the covered market building! Even the Old Post Office pub, where we had Section lunch once a week was in a different street, in a different part of town.



I put it down to having Caroline in a pushchair and every shop had either steps down or steps up to get into them, so I had other things to worry about.



We set off again on arriving back in Ellesmere to be ready for Grindley Brook tomorrow. Oh! Goody a staircase.





I have been making complicated cards, honest. But once again, a realy easy-peasy one. Three "bought" toppers of butterflies adhered to a pink card blank.

No comments: