Tuesday 14 July 2009

Gas Street Basin

I finally caught up with Granny Buttons blog today and was interested to see this. No one I have asked around here seems to have any notion of this new trip boat or seen anything - so the camouflage must be really, really good.

David and I walked around to the top of Farmer's Locks (I wanted a picture of a boat coming up for a postcard - of course there were none). We did notice that the Flapper and Firkin pub and been "done up" and is now just called the Flapper. So rumours of its demise seem to be premature.

I phoned our friends on Wildflower yesterday and they told us they were thinking of taking their boat to France and would we like to join them! So looks like we might be sailing on big canals with lock keepers next year.


I made this card for a lady's 30th birthday, but it only says that on the inside - so she can display it without blushing! She liked black and white and lots of pink.

I Cuttlebugged the flowers on black card and stuck it to a large white card blank. I then added three strips of sparkly peel-off lines down the sides and at the join. The butterfly is made from pink feathers and is painted with silver sparkly paint. I finished the card off with a sparkly silver peel-off sentiment, a trail of pink glitter and some pink gems in some of the flowers.




Because the butterfly is so fragile I made a box for the card, but in reverse colours, making the lid with black card and adding a white Cuttlebugged flower. This time adding some white organza ribbon with black dots and a pink butterfly. Hope she liked it.

No comments: