Friday 28 April 2017

Theal, Kennet and Avon Canal




OK, explain this one.  How do I half fill the lock if  I can't open the gate paddles?

Left Reading at 0645, had no trouble at Fobney Lock.

Met this at near the Running Man and Burgfield, not "Moored Like a Twat", just stopping off to pick up locks from the towpath.


The first test was would there be room on the visitor moorings at Theal?  There was!  So we were moored up by 1015.

Six big locks and 1 swing bridge and I was in bed for a snooze soon after lunch.



The boat horse that pulls the trip boat from Kintbury to Hungerford.  I have used the picture several times, this time I printed out a small glossy photo and a washed out larger one.

I matted the larger one onto red and silver card and wrapped black and white checked ribbon around it and tied it in a knot.  I added photo corners to the panel which was then stuck onto a red card blank.  The smaller picture was also matted onto red and silver card and added to the bottom right hand corner.

No comments: