Monday 23 March 2015

Fradley Junction, Coventry Canal

 Oh!  such a lovely morning, sunshine and getting warm - them bam!  the clouds arrived and by 0830 it was cold and miserable.

The contrast in traffic on the Coventry compared to the Birmingham and Fazeley is like the M6 and a byway.  Boats every whichway.

Tried mooring in Fradley village, but it was too shallow, so we came on to the junction.  We needed a few bits and bobs so I walked up to the shop, but it was closed.  Summer not here yet? 

Because there were no locks today I had an easy ride, but still, I had a nap this afternoon.  I blame the heat from the fire.  The boat is so cozy.





I canabalised a commercial invitation card for this one, cutting out the figures and splats from the front of the card.  Some white card was Cuttlebugged with a brick folder and I swiped several ink pads over it to give it a grungy feel, then added the happy birthday banner, the splats and the figures.  This was then fixed to the front of a white card blank.

No comments: