Saturday 12 September 2009

Hassall Green, Trent and Mersey Canal


A short travelling day today. We set off at 0700 and arrived at Hassall Green at 0900. We had intended to stay here, but as we got to the lock we were suddenly 4th in a queue!!



David had reviewed Lock 57 for Canals and Rivers a couple of years ago, and we were intrigued to see how they were going, so we went for lunch. The review was framed (along with several others) in the hall. The food was lovely, the service, though, was very slow and they forgot my main order! Still, we got some lovely jams and cakes in the shop and ice creams too.



About 45 years ago, whilst on holiday in France I came across this particular Lemonade. Of course, we had to keep ordering it because it sounded rude. Whilst in Poitiers last year I saw it again and thought I could make a card from it.

Well, this is what I came up with. A photograph matted a couple of times and some peel-off letters.

The person who received it didn't get the joke - so maybe it's just my juvenile sense of humour!

















No comments: