Saturday 21 April 2018

Drayton Brick Bridge, Birmingham and Fazeley Canal

 The bottom of Curdworth locks, always very pretty but unfortunately, not today - there were no flowers in the flower boxes on the bridge!

Another late start (for us) and a boat in front, so locks against us again but met a couple of boats coming up.




Another lovely, sunny morning though it is now raining, so Spring must be over.

Moored up on visitor moorings before Drayton Manor Swing Bridge and having a quiet afternoon and even managing not to have to go and have a snooze today.








I was asked to make a very special wedding day card for a friend.  I decided on a "shadow box card" and as I had never made one before I had a trial run.  This is the result.

First the front of the card using computer generated sentiment, die cuts and dry embossed card.

The inside is covered in a lovely thick, floral vellum and more die cuts.

Then the box itself.  I watched several U-Tube demonstrations first and it was really quite easy to construct.

I added more vellum at the base of the "box" and then added roses and die-cut leaves.  I was really pleased with it, but realised on closing the card that the rose in the right hand bottom corner was too high and the card would not close properly.

It isn't too much of a problem as I made a box for it to fit into and decorated the lid like the front of the card.

I then went on to make the actual card, which I will publish at a later date as I don't want anyone to see it yet who should not.


No comments: