Monday 1 May 2017

Thatcham, Kennet and Avon Canal

 Sunset at Thatcham on this almost empty visitor mooring.

We had a day of rest today and did nothing much at all.

Oh!  I did manage to finish off the last blind for the spare bedroom.  That was 4 sets of curtains and 2 blinds.   I had to adapt the old ones by using the central panels and remaking the borders.  One of the set of curtains was too damaged by wear and tear so I used the 2 panels from the last window to make soft Roman blinds.  It was amazing who much darker the bedroom became with the blinds in place of the curtains.

 Another special card for a lady who loves butterflies.

I made a white easel card.  Using purple flowered ribbon and wrapped it around the panel with white lace and stuck it onto the front of the easel card.  I added a "feather" butterfly and 3 roses and three pearls.

For the inside I matted white card onto lilac card and added a punched butterfly and another pink rose.

The bottom piece (which can be seen when the card is standing) was also white card matted onto lilac card with a peel-off sentiment and three more pink rose.

For the box I covered the lid with embossed lilac card and two strips of the floral ribbon.

No comments: