Wednesday 8 April 2015

High Lane, Macclesfield Canal


The lovely pink sunset last night proved true.  A lovely warm, sunny day today.  We left late (for us) and were here at High Lane half an hour later.                                                                                      We caught a bus into Stockport.  That was a first, never been there before except passing through by train.  Got my iPad sorted with 3.  Hopefully it is fixed properly this time, got some food from M&S and then it was back here.  Lots of boats on the move today, but still lots stationary ones.                                                                                         This is a 48 hour mooring, but the ropes on the first 2 boats in the picture are that slack it must have been here weeks.  
This is the card that I made for my Auntie Meg for her 90th birthday.  I had lots of fun  making it.  I used a piece of patterned paper and stuck it onto a square card blank.  I then die cut a scallop circle and a silver frame to go on top.  I added some acetate behind and then added the silver and gold die-cut circles and the silver 90 onto the front.  I then stuck down the leaves, flowers and roses around the bottom.    Another circle of pattern paper was added to the  back of the card which can be seen in the second picture.        
                       
I am showing this card, because today I heard that she died.  She was 94.  RIP




No comments: