Monday 28 April 2014

Near Halsall, Leeds and Liverpool Canal

 
 The canal is so lovely up here.  The land is very flat and the canal is slightly raised so you can see for miles.  And, on top of that, the edges on the towpath side are neat and tidy.  Might not be much use to the animals, but great for the boater.

Just a short day today, left at 0745 and moored up again at 0830.

Now I just have to contemplate the many and varied swing bridges tomorrow - only 6!

The doors and side hatch are open, the sun is shining and the birds are singing.  Bliss.

I spent the afternoon making cards.  Sometimes the mood just takes me.  I can go for weeks without wanting to make anything.  But today, the time was right.

This Christening card uses a pre-printed topper from Penny Black.  I used a die to cut out the shape and another one in green which I stuck behind at slight angle to make it show  (it was the same size).

The leaves are die cut and also the smaller flowers (which I actually made this time) and the larger ones were bought.

No comments: